Do you Charge by the Hour (Time and Materials) or Flat Rate?
We offer both, but most of our services are done using time and materials because this offers our clients the greatest value in most circumstances. For a full explanation, check out our article on why we believe that this is the case – click here to read the article.
What’s involved in scheduling a service call?
To schedule a service call, you can either:
- Call in to one of our friendly Dispatch Team members – 781-362-4700 or 877-472-4335 option 1. They will get your service call information and set up an appointment for you.
- Complete the service request form, and we’ll be in touch soon.
What does your 30 day guarantee mean?
We are committed to the satisfaction of all of our customers, and to constantly finding ways to improve the services we provide.
If you are not delighted with the work that has been done, please contact us at 781-270-5100.
We will do everything possible to resolve the problem for you.
- Equipment Service and Repairs are guaranteed against faulty workmanship for 30 days from the date service is completed.
- If Tech Help Boston performs a service call on your computer and gets paid in full, but it turns out you are still having the same problem(s) within 30 days of the service call, then we will come back and fix it at no additional charge or refund your money if we can’t fix it. This guarantee is invalid if another service provider works on the problem after the initial service call.
- Viruses and malware are guaranteed to be removed when we complete the service call. We cannot guarantee that you will not re-infect your computer. Warranty service is contingent on having a current Antivirus/Anti-malware application tha is up-to-date. File dates will be checked to verify date of infection. Service on re-infected computers will be subject to normal service charges.
- Parts used for repairs are subject to the manufacturer’s warranty or 90 days, whichever is longer.
We depend on customer referrals and repeat business. Customer satisfaction is very important to our team. We look forward to working with you.
What is your cancellation and rescheduling policy?
If you need to cancel or reschedule, please call us at (781) 484-1265. Please give us 24 hours of advance notice out of courtesy to your Tech Expert.
Do you offer service in my town?
Our Tech Experts are stationed in eastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire, so we can be responsive to you no matter where you are. Our service area extends throughout eastern Massachusetts, from Southern New Hampshire to the north, and Interstate 495 to the west. We do not service Cape Cod or the Islands, however. For service outside of this area, we offer remote services all you need is an internet connection!
Are your technicians certified?
All of our technicians have a minimum of a CompTIA A+ certification, along with Apple and Microsoft Certifications, PLUS many years of field service experience.
Where are you located?
We no longer have a central office! Our support staff works from the comfort of their home offices and our Tech Experts are strategically located across eastern MA and southern NH. They start their day from their home and we send someone who is close to where you are.
What happens if I use more than my allocated support time?
Don’t worry; we prorate the additional time needed in 15 minute increments. Concierge Plan members who need time in excess of their allocated hours, within their Plan Period, are charged at a discounted rate off the current hourly rate of $150. Our hourly (non-Concierge Plan) clients would be charged at $150/hr, or $37.50 per 15 minutes.
Do you work on Macs?
Yes, almost all of our Tech Experts have vast experience with both Mac and Windows systems, check out or Mac/Apple specific services page here.
Do you teach people how to use computers?
Yes, we do provide one-on-one computer instruction. We understand everyone has different learning styles and comfort levels with technology. We teach both Mac and PC users, plus tablet and smartphone users, too. From hardware to software training, we have an expert that is just right for your educational needs.
Do you repair printers?
We resolve communication problems between computers and printers, but we don’t repair printers. Because prices have gone down so much, it’s generally more cost-effective to replace a printer than to fix it.
Can you set up my new HDTV and surround sound system?
Sure, we have Tech Experts who can set up your home entertainment center and configure your universal remote. This is simple stuff for our tech experts! Check out our services for Home Theater here.
What computer should I buy?
One of our Tech Experts will be happy to help you select the computer that best fits your needs, then set it up for you at your home or business. We sell and stock Dell PCs and Macs, but we can acquire all major brands. See our New PC page
Can I Bring in My Equipment for Service (Drop off Service)?
We no longer offer Drop Off Service. It is more convenient and efficient to troubleshoot issues in the environment in which they operate – your home or home office!
Concierge Plan FAQs
What do the Concierge Plans cover?
Over 90% of the most common calls we get are covered by our plans! Check out why a Concierge Plan is not and Extended Warranty but rather is a great value here.
What Concierge Plans are available?
We’ve compared the features of our 3 plans on our Concierge Plan page.
What’s the Concierge Plan “fine print”?
To see the full terms of service, click here.
Is there a co-pay for Tech Help Boston Concierge Plan members?
There is a $20 co-pay charged for each Tech Help Boston appointment. There is no co-pay for remote support. To keep things simple, any co-pay will be automatically billed to the member’s credit card at the completion of each appointment.
What is the cancellation policy for your Concierge Plans?
While we expect to provide outstanding service and great value to our customers, we understand there are times when a customer may change their mind. We don’t force you into a contract you don’t want, so you can cancel at any time. Of course, there are certain reasonable terms and restrictions designed to prevent fraud or abuse of the plan:
For customers who cancel their membership prior to meeting either the twelve month commitment, or if the retail value of services used by the customer exceeds the amount paid into the Plan, the customer’s credit card will be charged the difference between retail and fees paid.
Unless cancelled, the plan automatically renews on the renewal date under the terms of our plans at the renewal date.
To read our full terms and condition, please click here.
What isn’t included in my Concierge Plan?
- Parts, software, and equipment purchases are not covered under the plan,.
- Managed, online, and hosted services such as, but not limited to, online backup, and email hosting are not covered under the plan unless specifically included.
- Contracted and third-party services such as, but not limited to, data recovery and electrical wiring services, are not covered under the plan.
- Plan coverage does not include service of computers used for business purposes except in home offices and home-based businesses.
- Because the Concierge Plans include discounted hours, other discount coupons and offers are rendered invalid by the Plan, and cannot be used to discount or offset any Plan or service costs unless specifically stated for that purpose on the coupon.
- Plan coverage is valid only for the single service location it is sold at (the single location that is declared as the “service location” during purchase). If a customer wishes to have Plan coverage at more than one location (e.g. Regular home and vacation home), two Plans would need to be purchased, one for each location.
Need more info?
Just give us a (781) 484-1265 or email us or fill out this form and we will get right back to you.