A Technological Advance That Can Make Your Life Easier.
Inevitable, in our imperfect world, we will run into problems with most, if not all of our electronics at one time or another. This is the way of the world.
What do we do when it happens?
With technical support, there are several options. The two primary options are:
- Onsite support: An IT technician physically comes to the location where the customer is using the equipment. With onsite support, the service provider will have in-person interactions with the customer/client. At times, onsite support is the only choice. If there is a serious hardware or software issue or if you are not able to connect to the internet, you will likely need onsite support. Connecting to the internet allows your remote agent to access your computer. If you are experiencing problems like the computer not turning on or a blank screen when it’s on, onsite support will be needed. Also, if your operating system such as Windows won’t load the computer, you likely need onsite support.
- Remote support: A technician from an IT support company such as Tech Help Boston can actually remotely take access and control of your device This can be done at home, your office, or even when you are out of town, even out of the country! The technician will use software that allows them to access your computer and provide maintenance, diagnostic and repair services while you are observing in real-time. This access is a one time use only and does NOT allow future connections for your privacy and security.
Remote technical support isn’t a new concept but it still has a bit of mystery surrounding its use.
How Does This Remote Support Work?
Tech Help Boston uses a service called “Logmein Rescue” which will allow our technician to “connect” to your computer remotely. You are actively engaged in the process and giving permissions along the way. The software is basically a “remote control” for the technician. Of course, like I mentioned earlier, if there is a critical hardware failure, this probably isn’t possible nor practical.
4 Distinct Benefits of Using Remote Computer Support
1. Convenience & Flexibility– It is much easier to stay at home in your pajamas or yoga pants and have someone remotely access your computer to fix it or even do maintenance tasks. You can be out of town or EVEN out of the country and as long as you have a decent internet connection, you are in business. It’s hard to beat having a technical issue resolved in real time without leaving your home or being asked to schedule an in-home visit.
2. Cost – Cost-savings can vary depending on the service provider. With Tech Help Boston, we do have a change in the minimum allotted time for services which can be excellent cost savings. Unlike Tech Help Boston’s on-site services which have a 1 Hour minimum charge, remote support services have a 30-minute minimum, and if any additional time is required, it’s billed in 15-minute increments after the first 30 minutes. This makes “simple” problems affordable to fix and of course, convenient.
3. Speed of Service – Since a technician does not need to come to a location to complete a task or tasks, usually you are able to get support more quickly.
4. Increase Productivity & Efficiency – If you have computer work you need to do either on a personal or professional level, having your computer repaired quickly and keeping up with maintenance can help. It’s a fact that maintenance tasks are needed on a regular basis to optimize your computer to keep your system running as fast and as safe as possible. IT professionals can find the causes of a slow computer, fix the issue and possibly prevent it from happening again.
Computer Support in Your PJ’s by the Fire!
What are the Concerns with Allowing Someone to Access Your Computer Remotely?
That’s an easy question to answer. There are many concerns. There are numerous security issues that can come into play. You must, absolutely MUST, work with a trusted computer support provider such as Tech Help Boston to remove this risk and avoid scams and security issues. Here are a couple of points to consider when choosing a remote support provider:
- ALL remote (an on-site for that matter) services are done by OUR EMPLOYEES. We do not outsource this work to other companies or independent contractors.
- ALL of our employees are thoroughly background checked and screened. Many of our Tech Experts have been with us 10+ years.
- This experience gives YOU the benefits of our onsite support but allows the service to be done faster and more efficiently.
In conclusion, remote computer support can free up time, save you money, improve your productivity and reduce stress. You must work with a trusted provider to ensure your information is secure. Tech Help Boston will always be available to help you. We also have technicians that are available to come on-site to complete tasks such as hardware installations, network cabling and much more. If you don’t find a comfort level with remote computer support, we can come onsite to work with you as well.
Experiencing Any Tech Issues? Tech Help Boston is ready to help.
Schedule an Appointment: Request an Appointment
Call us at 1- 781-484-1265
Remember to sign up for our newsletter: Contact Us