Repairing computers is the core part of our business. But we know that there are times when it’s in a client’s best interest to purchase a new computer instead of repairing their existing one.
The “Is it worth repairing, or is it better to buy new?” dilemma you may be facing with your computer is like the dilemma you face any time one of your major appliances breaks. Deciding it it’s worth fixing your leaking dishwasher, or placing another service call for you clothes dryer, is never easy or straightforward.
[th_gallery ids=’664,663,662′ columns=’3′ link=’file’]
Here are four factors to consider when determining if it’s better to buy a new computer instead of repairing your current one:
- Cost The price of the repair is usually the main determining factor in this dilemma. How much would you spend repairing your computer versus replacing it with a new one? Our suggestion: Follow the 50 percent rule! If the repair will cost you more than half of the price to replace it, don’t repair.
- Is it a hardware issue? If a major component in your computer has failed, many times the cost of the part alone is more than the value of the computer. Some manufacturers are better than others in terms of pricing and availability of parts, but all of them are in the business of selling computers and not parts. So keep that in mind when you hear that the part you need may cost $200 or more!
- Age If your computer is more than, say, 3 or 4 years old, and the repair is going to be a few hundred dollars, the question becomes, do you want to risk spending that money and then have something else go wrong? Think of it like an older car – at some point it just makes more sense to buy something new rather than have the old one need repair after repair after repair.
- Features/Time for Something New technology changes rapidly and sometimes you just want something new with the latest features.
Overall, most issues that we see are, in fact, worth repairing. But if you aren’t sure if it makes financial sense to repair your current computer, or want our advice on what new computer to purchase, we’re here to help! In fact, we stock and sell Dell and Mac computers, and can acquire any brand you prefer.
With our breadth of experience repairing all kinds of desktop and laptop computers over the years, plus our New PC and Mac setup & data transfers service, we are well-qualified to help you identify and buy the best new computer for your needs.
Why Buy from Us?
- Experience Unlike the kid at Staples or Best Buy, we have years of experience in selecting the best model and features specifically for you. We strike the right balance between needs and wants. You get the maximum value for your dollar.
- Convenience We are your point of contact for questions or if you need support. Rather than waste hours of time on the phone with some tech support person half way across the globe, [th_phone] or email us – we know you and you know us!
- Value We provide you with a fair, FIXED price on the hardware AND the labor to set everything up, transfer over all your data, emails and settings and make sure that you understand how to use all your new equipment in the comfort and convenience of your home or office. Whether it takes 1 hour or 5 hours you are guaranteed that the cost will never be higher than what you were quoted.
- Warranty Service When you purchase from us directly all manufacturers warranty service is handled by us – we make the calls and deal with their tech support and there is NO cost to you for this service!
If You Decide to Purchase a New System and Setup from Us, What’s Next?
We will go over your needs, give you an exact total cost (including setup, etc.), take a deposit and schedule your installation and delivery. We do keep some models in stock so most of the time we can have your new system and setup completed within a few days.